This weeks #Otalk is on the topic of “OT and learning disability” and will be hosted by RCOT Specialist Section for people with learning disabilities (@RCOT_PLD).
The RCOT people with learning disabilities specialist section are hosting their second #otalk on 20th March 2018. Choosing a topic has not been easy as we acknowledge there is a lot we can talk about. We asked our members at the last annual conference which was hosted at RCOT HQ on 14th October 2017 what they would like to discuss. The decision was occupational therapy and STOMP campaign. We held this #otalk on 21st November 2017. You can review the discussion at www.otalk.co.uk.
Our members second choice on the role of occupational therapy for people with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD). We would like to gain a better understanding of what occupational therapists are currently doing when working with clients with PMLD and have posed five questions which will be asked during the #OTalk:
- What is the role of an occupational therapist working with people with severe and multiple learning disability (PMLD)?
- What strategies, techniques or assessment do you use when working with client with PMLD?
- What are the challenges or difficulties?
- Do you feel you have the right skills?
- Is there enough evidence to support you work?
Prior to the discuss we advice you to access the Lillywhite and Haines (2009) publication ‘occupational therapy with people with learning disabilities’ which can be found on our web page on the RCOT website.
483 Avg Tweets/Hour
10 Avg Tweets/Participant