Have you been trying to figure out how to share your research with the people who can actually put the information into practice?
Are you an OT that wants to support research or find research that applies to your current caseload?
This week’s #OTalk, supported by @SamOTantha, is hosted by Katie Caspero (@otgraphically), Founder of OT Graphically, Infographic Creator, and Occupational Therapist. Katie helps healthcare professionals stay up to date by taking research and putting it into easy to read graphics. This helps therapists and their clients to understand and implement what the evidence says.
Katie will use her experience of using infographics and social media to help us to think about sharing and accessing research using social media platforms.
- What social media platforms or formats have you found the most useful for sharing research with stakeholders and/or accessing research as a research consumer?
- In what ways have you found that social media has supported sharing, finding, and/or using research?
- As a researcher, what is the most helpful way for you to share your research and make it accessible for a wide audience through social media? As a research user what have you found helpful in making research accessible?
- Have you faced any challenges or barriers in using social media to access or share research?
- What are your top tips as a researcher or as a research user to engage with research via social media to both share and stay up to date?
Support on OTalk Account: @SamOTantha,
Evidence your CPD. If you joined in this chat you can download the below transcript as evidence for your CPD, but remember the HCPC are interested in what you have learnt. So why not complete one of our reflection logs to evidence your learning?
HCPC Standards for CPD.
- Maintain a continuous, up-to-date and accurate record of their CPD activities.
- Demonstrate that their CPD activities are a mixture of learning activities relevant to current or future practice.
- Seek to ensure that their CPD has contributed to the quality of their practice and service delivery.
- Seek to ensure that their CPD benefits the service user.
- Upon request, present a written profile (which must be their own work and supported by evidence) explaining how they have met the Standards for CPD.