This week RCOT’s very own Stephanie Tempest @setG75 and Julia Roberts @RCOT_JuliaR will be hosting check out what they had to say here.
RCOT’s Julia Roberts and Stephanie Tempest are leading the work to update two key RCOT resources: The Professional Standards for Occupational Therapy Practice, Conduct and Ethics alongside the Career Development Framework: guiding principles for occupational therapy.
For the first time the new Professional Standards have been combined with the Code of Ethics so we will have one resource instead of two. In the new Professional Standards, we want to publish a resource that acts as an essential ‘go to’ reference point to support day-to-day decision making – not a document that you only refer to when there is a serious incident or complaint.
In the uplift of the Career Development Framework, we want to make sure the new resource gives our profession the language to showcase to others the unique knowledge and skills that we bring to all career levels. And to ensure it continues to help us to plan our own learning, development and career opportunities.
We are working on reviewing these resources together to make sure they align and harmonise. But they are different. Where the Professional Standards underpin the work that you do, the Framework supports you to identify the next steps for your learning and careers. They will only be effective if people feel they are useful and choose to use them, so we would like to discuss the following:
- In what ways do you use or could you use the current versions i.e. the Professional Standards, the Code of Conduct and Ethics?
- In what ways do you use or could you use the current version of the Career Development Framework?
- We know not everyone uses the resources – why do you think that is?
- What supporting resources could we develop for the new publications to help people use them across all settings, sectors and at every career level?
- The consultation for these resources is open until Friday 7th February at the following link and we’d really value hearing from you: https://www.rcot.co.uk/news/contribute-two-key-rcot-practice-resources
We look forward to you joining us on the 28th Jan 2020 8-9pm #OTalk
Stephanie @setG75 and Julia @RCOT_JuliaR
Post Chat Update
PDF of transcript #OTalk 28 Jan 2020