#OTalk Healthcare Social Media Transcript January 9th 2018This weeks #OTalk is on the topic of “Occupational Ideals: Tips, Topics and aims for 2018” and will be hosted by Dee Garrett ( @gedgravegirls ).
Here’s what she had to say…
It was during the 2017 festivities, it dawned upon me to overcome my fears of presenting. Empowered by my thoughts & “Occupational Ideals”, I wanted to contribute to this idyllic small OT community. I was preparing for my pin ultimate placement. #OTalk were looking for willing chat host due to a cancellation in early January. I enthusiastically volunteered myself, feeling confident and dared by my own inhibitions, fears of presenting. 2018 was in deed different, I believed by making a new year’s resolution that would hopefully lead to food for thought, others too in our profession who feel presenting is hard in this Occupational world us humans and Occupational Therapists live, would feel inspired. What was there to lose besides one’s fear of presenting. I believe we are natural born leaders and the notion of sharing ideals, ideas and inspiration alongside other like-minded people within this community felt achievable. It would also be a huge addition to a dynamic new year’s resolution I hadn’t set yet.
By acting on it and “doing”, because that’s what we as future OT’s and students do, I felt brave and challenged myself. I wanted to make a difference & what better way to contribute to #OTalk, so here I am “doing” it sharing, tips, topics, ideas and aims to improve our future.
Some questions to consider…
- How do you occupationally optimise your life roles to help promote an optimal occupational balance?
- If we functionally optimize our patients through medical optimization, how can we spiritually optimize them?
- How far is ideal? And what would you change, if you could in healthcare?
- What would your ideal optimization experience for us humans look like, feel like and be?
- How would you wish to create ideal change using your core, current, professional or personal skills to help others or yourself this year?
Thank you so much for your time and participation in #OTalk on the 9th January 2018. I look forward to hearing from you throughout the future and good luck for 2018 optimizing OT innovatively.
Kind regards, Dee
243 Avg Tweets/Hour
9 Avg Tweets/Participant