My sister, also an OT, but not a Twitter faring one,came up with this topic. I thought it would be fun for us to share our OT journeys through recollection of some key #OTMoments, it might also be helpful for those looking to study the profession, and those newly graduating, and well, all of us as a little reflection.
Here are some of the questions that we will use to guide the chat tonight. Please do remember to follow guidelines re confidentiality.
- When you were little what did you want to be ‘when you grew up’? (I wonder how many of us can say OT?)
- When do you first remember hearing about OT?
- When did you decide to study OT?
- What was your route onto your OT course?
- What university/college etc. did you attend?
- What was your favourite part of studying to be an OT?
- When was the moment when you knew OT was right for you?
- When did you feel confident to call yourself an Occupational Therapist?
- Have there been any occasions that have made you question being an OT?
- When have you truly understood the power of occupation? In your own or others lives?
- What are some other key #OTMoments in your career so far?
- What #OTMoments are you working towards now?
Hope to see you tonight. @kirstyes
Post Chat Updates
PDF of Transcript. #OTalk 12 July 2016