Creating CPD Activities
Date: 13/01/2015 Host: @Helen_OTUK
Hello OTalkers this week we will be discussing the range of activities that we can use for our CPD.
As I am sure you are all aware those of us in the UK will be audited this year….. So following requests from the community we thought we would dedicate a chat to just this. If anyone who has been audited would like to get in touch or join is this would be great.
Now we all know that attending courses, conferences and workshops can be great CPD activities, however we would like to explore the range of activities discussed by the HCPC. With this in mind we would ask that people join us to share other maybe more ‘creative’ activities that they have included in their CPD repertoire.
You may find the following recording of the webinar from the HCPC informative.
Here is a short video that explores the CPD Standards further.
The Standards for CPD are:
1. maintain a continuous, up-to-date and accurate record of their CPD activities;
2. demonstrate that their CPD activities are a mixture of learning activities relevant to current or future practice;
3. seek to ensure that their CPD has contributed to the quality of their practice and service delivery;
4. seek to ensure that their CPD benefits the service user; and
5. upon request, present a written profile (which must be their own work and supported by evidence) explaining how they have met the standards for CPD.
Another useful document from the HCPC:
We look forward to sharing and exploring all things CPD.
If you are not in the UK check time and date for conversion here.
Post chat updates:
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the chat.